The Gift of Thorns Video Study, a companion to the book, The Gift of Thorns and The Gift of Thorns Study Guide, dives deep into some of the hardest questions we wrestle with in the war for our wants:
- What do God's desires and Satan's desires have to do with us?
- Which desires did God place in our hearts at creation, and why?
- What can we do when we start losing our desire for God?
- Why do some unwanted desires persist after we start following Christ?
- Is it possible to want a good thing too much?
- How can we discern which desires to crucify and which to nurture?
This video study provides examples of the theme of "thorns" that pops up over and over throughout the Bible. How will these thorns be, in the words of God, "for you" (Gen. 3:18)? A world where we do not get all that we want is the greatest gift ever. Join A. J. Swoboda in a personal exploration of the human problem, What do I do with my desire?